The question/comment I wrote for Dr. Musgrave is first, and then all my supporting links for her to review as she can.
- Can we get her tumor retested for both ER and PR? I know that MSKCC’s* Pathology department did this, but they had very little tissue to work with. I don’t understand why pathology here didn’t do that to begin with. Seems like it can’t hurt to double check since if it did come back positive, there would be more treatment options.
- From what I’ve read, it sounded like there was more than one type of ER/PR to test for anyhow.
- Can we also get them to re-test the mitotic rate? In the Facebook group for LMSDR, I shared T’s result for that test, and all the responses came back that they’d never heard of one so high, and it may have been a fluke with the small piece MSKCC had received for testing.
- I’ve also recently learned about a test for Androgen Receptor, and would like them to test for that too, for the first time. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/29533018 – “Androgen receptor as a prognostic biomarker and therapeutic target in uterine Leiomyosarcoma”.
- Could the regrown tumor be ER/PR/AR positive if the original tumor wasn’t (or vice versa)?
*MSKCC is Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center (NYC).